Friday, February 16, 2007

REVIEW: Apples in Stereo at Bowery Ballroom 2.15.07

Yesterday was very exciting indeed! I had not been to Bowery Ballroom in a couple of years, and heading down there reminded me of all the times I had to lie or show a fake ID to get in there in the old days. We arrived at the venue around 10pm, the whole Mottley Crue of us.(I actually mean we were the band from the 80s, I am not implying we were in any way rag or tag. ) Robert and the Apples gang took the stage and were really tight. The harmonies and rhythm parts were all there. People danced and smiled. I looked everywhere for Elijah Wood, because I owe him $8 dollars. I wish I could name drop people without sounding like a scoundrel. Anyway, a good time was had by all! Here are some pics from the event:


























-Nick Scoullar

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What exactly do you mean by "really tight?"

lolliloobedoo said...

What tha freaky freak freak?!?!?!? U guys are da bomb. I was checkin' out the tour dates 4 my buddies The Apples in Stereo and ran across your comment so I checked you out. Thanx a lot 4 giving me yet another reason 2 spend sum time hooked to the Mac.
Great interviews with Robert & Elijah btw. I'll be hanging out at the site next time I'm feeling leisurely just to catch up with all the other interviews you've done. (J'adore Henriett<3)
Sign me up!!!
and yes, I will be posting about you and making a link 2 U from my blog.
Rock On! Peace out! and all that other jazz....
Your fervent new viewer,
lolliloo

lolliloobedoo said...

oh!And that hiccuping girl that you posted about 2day....how weird is that? She's all over the media, huh?