Sunday, February 4, 2007

Grampa Nick's Ramen Recepie

I never thought I would be at a place in my life where I would have a special recepie for Ramen, but here we are none the less! I've really come upon something here, and I'd like to share it with you.

First:

Get one package of simple ramen at your local discount store. Not the cup of noodles kind, just the noodles in a pack, they should be about five for a dollar. Don't you hate it when you go into stores and everyone is asking you why you look so sad!?

NEXT:

Boil two cups of water in a small pot. No salt is necesary as most ramen flavors are already super salty. (We'll add some salt later.) Yesterday I was in American Eagle Outfitter's in fact, and the lady there asked me why I looked so sad. I said, "Oh, I'm just sort of a sad guy" she said, "why?" and I said "oh..its sort of out of your scope."

THEN:

Here's the fun part! Take your soup bowl(a bigger one if you've got it.) and throw a handfull of corn or any veggie you like in it. Put the bowl in the microwave for 1 minute. Add your noodles to the boiling water. I'm really not sure what was more embarassing about that. The fact that she asked why I was so sad, or how condesending my response was, or the fact that I was shopping at American Eagle Outfitters.

THEN:

Remove the bowl from the microwave(your noodles are almost ready!) and add 2 tablespoons of speghetti sauce. You can use any kind, I like herb flavored ragu. I mean, what was I supposed to tell "SARAH" the sales lady? That I was in a bad mood because a group of those "DO YOU HAVE A MINUTE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT" People ganged up on me on 14th street and I ended up shoving one of them who stood in front of me who was A GIRL and I feel bad about it but WORSE about the fact that I'm so upset about being advertised to at all times of the day that I DON'T entirely feel bad about it!?

NEXT:

Remove your noodles from the flame, do not drain, and do not add the flavor packet(it's easier to clean this way). Instead, add the noodles and water straight into your bowl. Stir it up "real good" with your spoon, and add the flavor packet, and, to your liking, salt, pepper, garlic powder. and dill.

FINALLY:

Sit down at the table, inhale that lovely smell, and try to forget about all your bourgeois urbanite troubles. They really aren't such a big deal in the grand scheme of things. When it comes down to it, life is just a bowl of noodles. It's all in how you enjoy it.



-Nick Scoullar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you and your high horse soup recipes that don't take into account the high cost of Ramen and how maybe some people don't go around joking about Ramen when its so special and flaky. You walk around here in your fancy striped t-shirts and your achy breaky juju beads acting like Mogadishu never happened and like Casper Weinberger never even met a friendly little ghost whose fingernails he didn't rip out in the basement of Lane Bryant's little miss shop. That's right smug little goy- sheep aint nothing if they aint part of the dinette set and we both know you and me gotta maintain and rectify...so can the crap fish stick